ING Bank Śląski S.A. selects vendors on equal opportunity basis, following the objective criteria; it also cooperates with vendors openly and fairly abiding by contractual terms and conditions.
ING Bank Śląski S.A. actions comply with business ethics, striving for transparent relations with vendors.
At the same time, ING Bank Śląski S.A. expects vendors to introduce and meet social standards as well as the environmental protection standards specified in: “ING Bank Śląski S.A. Code of Conduct for Vendors”, hereinafter referred to as the Code. Should there be any discrepancies between the terms and conditions set out in the Code and the effective laws, the higher standard shall always prevail.
The Code applies to all vendors, regardless of their place of business. All vendors of ING Bank Śląski S.A. declare to comply with the standards of the Code.
ING Bank Śląski S.A. Code of Conduct for Vendors
- Compliance with lawBank’s vendors comply with the effective laws.
- Respect for human rightsBank’s vendors comply with the human rights laws.
- Respect for employees’ rightsBank’s vendors undertake to comply with the applicable provisions of the labour law regulations when dealing with their employees, including the provisions on the minimum living wage, maximum allowed number of working hours, as well as respect their personal dignity and privacy. Moreover, vendors need to respect internationally accepted human rights.
- Ban on forced labourBank’s vendors may neither benefit from forced labour nor tolerate it, use corporal punishments or other illegal disciplinary practices are prohibited. Bank’s vendors may not force anyone to work, or to put any pressure in that regard.
- Ban on child labourUnder binding laws, Bank’s vendors cannot employ children under 16 years of age. In line with the conventions of the International Labour Organisation, Bank’s vendors may employ children only on condition that the health, safety and morals of the young persons concerned are fully protected, in the circumstances that fully protect them against potential exploitation and if it does not interfere with their education.
- Ban on discriminationBank’s vendors may not discriminate against anyone based on race, social status, nationality, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or political views.
- Environment protectionBank’s vendors strive after minimising the environmental footprint in their business activity and take actions to improve the environment.
- Ban on corruptionBank’s vendors shall comply with anti-corruption law and they shall act in a manner eliminating non-subject matter reasons and private interest in their business.
- Freedom of associationBank’s vendors shall allow their employees to form legal organizations. Fair relations at the vendor’s form the grounds for a dialogue between employees and management staff.
- Health and safetyBank’s vendors shall provide their employees with safe and hygienic working conditions and if they offer accommodation, it should meet the generally accepted standards.
- Vendors of ING Bank Śląski S.A. implement relevant policies and procedures accounting for the requirements set out in the Code.
- At the request of ING Bank Śląski S.A., vendors of ING Bank Śląski S.A. should demonstrate their compliance with the principles set out in the Code, including relevant policies and procedures as regards the assumptions set out in the Code.
- ING Bank Śląski S.A. or an auditing firm specified by the Bank have a right to audit the Vendor for compliance with the principles set out in the Code.
- Should a Vendor breach the principles set out in the Code, ING Bank Śląski S.A. has a right to demand that the Vendor develop a recovery plan within 30 days from identification of the breach of the principles set out in the Code. If the Vendor fails to present the recovery plan or continues to breach the principles of the Code, ING Bank Śląski S.A. shall have a right to terminate the agreements made with the Vendor.
- Furthermore, Vendors of ING Bank Śląski S.A. shall guarantee that their subcontractors abide by the rules of the Code, should they be employed to perform the object of the agreement made with ING Bank Śląski S.A.
If you identify with those principles and you would like to be a qualified vendor of ING Bank Śląski S.A., please note the following:
With a view to expanding the pool of current vendors and making the offers more competitive, ING Bank Śląski S.A. implemented the Vendors Qualification process.
The objective of this process is to verify counterparties in terms of cooperation options and to create the Qualified Vendor Database.
The Bank declares that it has a status of a large entrepreneur as defined in the Act on combating excessively late payment in commercial transactions.